Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another Weekend

This weekend was not nearly as eventful as last but it was still good. We watched 4 nieces and nephews starting on Thursday night through Friday night. It all came about because I had a conversation with my sister-in-law and I began speaking completely without thought and I very forcefully offered up our services without even discussing it with Julie. She was good natured about it and my sister-in-law really needed the get away so we got them. For the most part things went pretty well. I, conveniently, had to work all Friday so I only had to deal with them for a little while. Friday night we went to the park and let them play for quite a while so that was nice too. The best part of it was that when Julie's brother and our sister-in-law came to pick them up the stayed and visited until very late. It was really fun.

What made it even more fun was that Stephen didn't get enough of us last weekend so he came down to spend some time here. He got here Friday night and ever since then it has been a party around here. (We have seen more of John and David then we ever have!) Stephen's birthday was Sunday so for his birthday we had grilled brats and hotdogs. They were fantastic. Stephen and I used the German mustard that I use in my brisket rub on the brats and it was so good. We also had the key lime cheesecake that the lady on the plane last week gave use the recipe for.


Anyway, other than a lot of visiting we have had fun watching various TV shows. The main show of the weekend was Chuck (see the image above) . It is very good. A lot of Julie's family have been watching it and they recommended it to us. We caught Stephen up on season one and then watched the premier of season two Monday night. If you haven't watched it I would highly recommend it. It a lighter spy show with good comedy and romance. One of the main characters is also in Firefly so I also really like that.

Let's see...other than that it was a basic weekend. We did get a fair amount of chores done in between everything including getting my lawn mower fixed so that I can mow the weeds in my back yard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi brother! i am so glad you are posting! i too enjoy chuck and watched the new one last weekend! good times!

Unknown said...

Nice. Keep 'em coming. And let us know when you unpack the webcam.