Wednesday, September 27, 2006

New Van and Free Stuff


So most of the family already knows this but last weekend we got a new minivan. Julie is very excited. So are the kids. We feel like we got a good deal and while this van doesn't have every convenience of the modern world it is very nice. The nicest thing about it is that we are no longer a one car family. Leaving my family stranded while I was camping was too stressful so we went ahead and got this.

My random thought for the day is to comment on the influence of free stuff. We had a training at work the other day and afterwards they gave us 'homework'. I would have done it under normal circumstances but then they offered a $25 gift card to the team that finished first. Well, I was sold. To add to the motivation, I was responsible for the majority of the task which meant that free stuff for other people was on the line. Well, this morning I turned in the work for the team and we were first. Now I just hope it was right so we get those gift cards. Well, it made me think about all the crazy stuff I have done for free stuff. T-shirts in particular can make me do crazy things like run a 5k. But I have my limits. I won't wait in long lines for free stuff. You put large crowds in lines for a long time for free stuff and the nasties come out of the woodworks. I have enough issues with people without putting myself around them when they get rude and mean. But I'll save that for another post and keep this one happy.

Thank-you everyone for your comments. It has been so fun to read them. Keep posting!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie and the kids look great in front of the van. It suits them. So happy for you guys. About free stuff lines ~ you may not stand in a long line for free stuff but I remember you standing (what was it 41/2 hours?) in line with Grandma for an autograph from a Jazz player. Of course, you were young and foolish then!!!! Kiss and hug the kids and Julie from PopPop and me. We love you all.

Stephen Kuykendall said...

Congrats. That's a good lookin' minivan and the fam looks happy to have it.

Anonymous said...

I sure do miss you all! I wish that I was there with you! Sigh! John I loved your comments about free stuff I hope you got all the stuff right. You'll Hve to tell us if you got the gift card or not.

Kendle said...

It's so green there! it must be sooooo nice! I am really happy about the minivan...way to go! I hope you get that $25,good luck!

Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

I love your new minivan, especially when I heard that the doors can be closed with a button! (I absolutly am horrible at closing van doors. It's sad really.)

Did you get the $25? And if you did, what do you plan on doing with it? If I had $25 it would go to my Halloween costume fund. I haven't really decided what I'm going to be and that's a problem, a real problem.

As always, your kids are adorable! I miss them so much! (Yeah, I know I said that last time. You'll probably hear that a lot from me.)

Oh yeah, I stand by Kendle. It is really green there.

One last thing, thanks for the Case Closed! It was really awsome and Kendle and I had a really fun time watching it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We miss you, but are so happy that things are going well!

Mormon Mom Cast said...

Looks like you will be as good at blogging as I am, John... ;-)

Whit
http://www.whitlarson.com (rarely updated)

Whit said...

Forgot to say - MIA!! You look SO grown up and SO beautiful!!! Great glasses!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, it has been way too long since I have seen you guys! The kids look so much taller since I saw them last! Loved the pic of the fam with the cool minivan! Love the dark blue! Not as cool as a Vespa, but oh well! I told Tyler that whewn we are in the military we will have to have a blog! TTFN!