Thursday, October 12, 2006

October Conflict


Ahhhhh, October. Fall leaves. College football. Cool mornings. And the impending doom of Halloween. That's right I am not one that gets excited about Halloween. There were those days when I did but I have tried to forget them, not unlike those days when I wore MC Hammer pants. But I want to make one thing perfectly clear. I am not one of those that doesn't like it because 'Halloween is a pagan holiday'. In fact, I am willing to endure Halloween just to make those people uneasy. But let's not dwell on that (I have nieces and a mom that reads this blog). This is a picture of the pumpkins that Dave and I made last year. Mine is the less cool one. I think this year I will try the one Dave did and new one. And therein lies my internal conflict. I hate Halloween but Julie has a talent for finding the one thing that peaks my interest. Also, watching my kids get excited over these things is enough to hide my dislike. What a softy.

Well, honestly there is nothing to report except randomness. That is why the blog hasn't been updated. It turns out that deciding on what randomness to write about is difficult. Work has been busy. Home is busy. But neither one has been exciting enough to report. Next week I might have to go to New Jersey for work. At first I was excited about this but now that some of the reality of what I have to do has set in I am not so sure. I guess we will see. So as I finish this post I suddenly have lots of ideas for what I should have posted about. I should really keep a list as things hit me. Sorry, you'll have to just enjoy the picture for now.

3 comments:

Stephen Kuykendall said...

I too am not a big fan of Halloween. I'm glad that Jules finds things that you enjoy about those that you don't to keep you happy. Post pics when you do your pumpkins. I haven't done one in years, maybe this year.

John B. said...

Stephen - I wish you had pics of you as Clark Kent. That is one of the best Halloween stories ever.

Kendle said...

I love the pumkins and agree with Stephen(on the pumpkin thing). Make sure you post your pumpkins when your done!

p.s
Thanks for the Case Closed!