Tuesday, October 17, 2006

And the winner is.......

So my group won the $25 gift card at work. I found out that two of the programmers that are from BYU were speculating who would win one day and both agreed that I would. I think they were bummed they weren't on my team. We had our choice of several places and I chose Best Buy. The worst part of winning $25 dollars is trying to figure out how I am going to spend it. I just want too much. So knowing this about myself I gave Julie the chance to pick where I got the gift card but she didn't catch the hint. So after much debate I bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 with an expansion pack for Julie and the new Barenaked Ladies (or BNL when I am around my mother) CD. In case you didn't know I am a big fan the Ladies. LOL :-) I have to give credit to Stephen and his blog however for letting me know that they had a new album. Everybody needs to visit his blog. One of his latest posts was inspired by me (at least I will claim it) because I asked him about a group called OK Go. He posted a video for one of their songs. It is funny. Stephen, of course, is a great guy. He is one the few things that I really miss about Utah. Ahhh, good times. But anyway, the new album is great. It feels more mellow then most of the past albums but I love it. (Yes I believe it is possible for me to not like a BNL album, just unlikely) To me it feels like their Christmas album "Barenaked for the Holidays". 'Course that may be just a result of being really excited to start listening to Christmas music. I know it is way too early but I just can't help myself. Anyway, I love BNL's Christmas album. It is very cool. It was one of the favorites last year among my office mates and other classmates that would stop by my office. Maybe I will do a post on Stephen's blog about it when the season is right.


Let's see......I have lost my momentum a little but I know there is something else I had in mind for tonight. Oh well, just enjoy the cute picture of Julie and Jacob from Amelia's soccer scrimmage tonight. Amelia's soccer ends this week. I think she has had a good time and she has definitely developed some stamina in the process. She really doesn't do much more then run around but at this age that is all soccer is anyway.

3 comments:

Kendle said...

Congrats on the 25$,and you most definatly put it to good use! You will have to post about NJ !

Stephen Kuykendall said...

Congrats, and the OK GO post was all because of you asking about them. If you ever want to post on my blog, feel free to send it my way and you can guest post. I do miss you guys being around here and that's one of the reasons I started my blog was thinking about the fam out there and wanting to share music with them. I'm glad you like the new BNL album. I too can't wait for the Christmas music and probably will be posting daily music in that Genre starting post Turkey Day. Do let us know about NJ and congrats on getting to go.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad that you won but to be honest i figured you would. your too smart and you were first so it was only fair!!! well jacob and julie look fabulous!! i am sad that amelia's soccer is over but it is probably getting pretty cold ther. miss ya and i am excited to see you all soon!!!